Cardinal Point is a Canada-U.S. cross-border wealth management firm that specializes in working with Canadians, Canadian expats and Canada-U.S. dual citizens living and/or working in Arizona.
Life in the Grand Canyon State
Arizona’s year round sunshine is more abundant than almost any other area in North America. But Canadians flock to the Grand Canyon State for more than just clear skies and warm winters. Arizona also ranks as a tax friendly state with low personal income and sales tax rates and no inheritance, gift or estate taxes. To make it even more appealing for snowbirds and other Canadians who live and work in Arizona: the tax you pay in the U.S. may become a tax credit in Canada.
Whether you’re a making the cross-border transition to Arizona for work or retirement, the move can pose some complex financial challenges. If you’re a Canadian doing business or residing in Arizona, it’s important to partner with a firm that has extensive U.S.-Canada cross-border knowledge and a comprehensive platform tailored to your specific situation.
Need Help Managing Your Cross Border Lifestyle?
Now more than ever, individuals and their families are moving back and forth between Canada and Arizona for personal and professional reasons. This creates complex cross-border investment management, tax, estate and financial planning challenges that require specialized expertise to manage.
With Cardinal Point, clients receive a personalized, integrated investment and financial planning solution that includes:
- An integrated platform to manage Canadian and U.S. client assets
- Guidance on transferring specific assets to the U.S. or keeping them in Canada
- Retirement planning and retirement benefit advice on OAS, CPP, Social Security and Medicare
- Comprehensive advice on cross-border financial and estate planning
- Strategic planning for cross-border transition and exit between Canada and the U.S.
- Help with cross-border tax filings, navigating the U.S.-Canada Tax Treaty and foreign-based account disclosures (FinCEN, FATCA)
- Guidance on cross-border currency conversions and asset transfers
- Advice on Canadian and U.S. stock options, company bonus plans and RSUs
- Assistance on businesses and real estate located across the border
- Partnership with other professional advisors to ensure cross-border plans are seamlessly integrated and coordinated
- Review of life, health, long-term care, disability, property and business insurance
Ready to take the Next Step?
Whether you are transitioning residency between the U.S. and Canada or you have already made the move but continue to hold investment assets or financial interests in both countries, proper cross-border financial planning can integrate and coordinate the asset management of your investments, reduce taxes and maximize your estate.
If you would like to discuss your cross-border financial planning needs or request further information, please complete our contact form and a Cardinal Point representative will reach out to you.